Sustainability takes hold where economic, social equity, and environmental needs are simultaneously addressed in decision making.
We make decisions every day. And we have a choice in how we go about making those decisions. Sustainable Pittsburgh helps us factor in the three E’s of sustainability (economic, social equity, environment).
To accelerate the policy and practice of sustainability in southwestern Pennsylvania, Sustainable Pittsburgh:
- Creates decision making tables for all stakeholders to have a voice
- Fosters collaborative expertise sharing
- Forms new entities/partnerships
- Engages in existing collaborations, boards, and advisory groups
- Helps make sense of what sustainability means