- This event has passed.
2017 Shale & Public Health Conference
November 13, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The conference is presented by the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania and hosted by the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health. Registration begins at 8:30 am; adjournment at 5:30 pm.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
Featuring new research and practical applications:
- New health registry research results
- The latest Geisinger studies from Johns Hopkins’ Brian Schwartz MD and Tara McAlexander MPH
- Researching the public health impacts of an ethane cracker and petrochemical development
- Gwen Ottinger PhD on Fenceline Monitoring
- Walter Tsou MD MPH, Executive Director Philadelphia PSR, past president of the American Public Health Association and former Health Commissioner of Philadelphia
… and more
There is also a special breakout session on addressing climate change issues in practice for those seeking professional credit hours.
Conference itself is free – $14 for buffet lunch