- This event has passed.
CommUNITY: The Power of People in Action
May 24, 2017 @ 9:00 am - May 25, 2017 @ 8:00 pm
CommUNITY: The Power of People in Action examines how people take concepts, build support, and put them into action. Community development leaders across the spectrum want to know how to smartly effect change, in every area that impacts our communities and their people. We seek lasting change that pays dividends to residents, entrepreneurs, responsible developers and investors. We want to break the cycle of triage management and create true wealth and opportunity. At the 2017 Community Development Summit, we will lift up models that have successfully achieved these goals.
- Keynote Speakers: Peggy Shepard of WE ACT for Environmental Justice and Mayor Andy Berke of Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Workshops and panels on topics built around the policies, programs, and practices that recognize and interact with non/traditional power structures, the people which impact and are impacted by those structures, and the role of place for both.
- Networking breaks to reconnect with friends and colleagues and meet innovative practitioners in the field from across the country, including a reception featuring hors d’oeuvres and drinks.
- Mobile workshops highlighting revitalization efforts throughout Greater Pittsburgh.
- PCRG’s annual member meeting.
- An awards ceremony honoring the community leaders and responsible lenders who are contributing to Pittsburgh communities.
The Community Development Summit is brought to you by PCRG in collaboration with the Urban Land Institute – Pittsburgh District Council.