- This event has passed.
Environmental Round Table: The Future of Recycling and Act 101
October 11 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join the Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) on Wednesday, October 11 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. for a round table discussion about the future of recycling in Pennsylvania. Hear from top experts on the state of the recycling industry, the environmental and financial impacts of PA recycling programs, and challenges to growing recycling in the Commonwealth.
- Is it time to overhaul Act 101, the state’s mandatory recycling law?
- How can we communicate to consumers what materials to recycle?
- Is single stream the solution or does it increase contamination?
- Should recycling programs focus on a narrower or wider variety of materials?
- How do we encourage more recycling in small businesses without imposing prohibitive costs?
Following the round table, attendees are invited to network with the panel and PRC members while enjoying local snacks and beverages.
PRC Director Emeritus
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
Prof. John C. Dernbach
Commonwealth Professor of Environmental Law and Sustainability
Director, Environmental Law and Sustainability Center
PA Department of Environmental Protection
Western Regional Director
Pennsylvania Resources Council