- This event has passed.
Sustainable Pittsburgh Challenge Workshop – Materials Management: Solutions for Waste Reduction, Waste Diversion and Managing Food Waste
May 17, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am EDT
Registration begins at 8:30 am with program commencing at 9:00 am.
The 2018 Sustainable Pittsburgh Challenge encourages organizations to reduce waste and increase waste diversion from the landfill. Learn how your organization can earn recognition for waste reduction strategies already in place, and how to take waste diversion and reduction even further, helping to potentially reduce costs.
This workshop will introduce participants to waste minimization strategies and the organizations that can help implement them. Topics will include developing a Zero Waste strategy, how to schedule and conduct a waste audit, and how to enter waste information into Portfolio Manager’s waste tracking tool. Participants will also gain insights on donating used materials to organizations like Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse, Construction Junction and 412 Food Rescue. Participants will also learn about a new tool, called ReUse Central, for donating office wares and other materials to nonprofit organizations.
This workshop is open to participants in the Sustainable Pittsburgh Challenge and individuals and professionals interested in advancing more sustainable practices at work and in the community.
- Stacy Albin, Zero Waste Specialist, Pennsylvania Resources Council
- Ash Andrews, Executive Director, Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse
- Teresa Bradley, Zero Waste Services Coordinator, Pennsylvania Resources Council
- Ned Eldridge, President / CEO, eLoop, LLC
- Nick Goodfellow, Sustainability Coordinator, University of Pittsburgh Dining Services by Sodexo
- Jeff Newman, Owner, Steel City Soils
- Tara Sherry-Torres, Program Manager, Volunteer Engagement & Mobilization, 412 Food Rescue