Save Tax Payer Money with Strategic Energy Management
May 30 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDTFree
Please join on May 30, 2019 at the award winning Cranberry Highlands Golf Course to learn how you can save energy and money for your tax payers and improve your community’s resiliency.
Cranberry Highlands Golf Course
5601 Freshcorn Road
Cranberry, PA 16066 United States
Learn from local municipal leaders who have guided the installation of large scale solar and energy efficiency projects for their communities; projects showing dramatic money saving results (electricity meters that run backwards, paying you for electricity!). Hear from energy efficiency and solar experts about some common misperceptions and/or issues concerning energy projects, and improve your understanding of energy management best practices for your municipal government.
There will be a robust discussion about financing options to consider and what funding is available from state and federal governments, and private investors.
There will be ample time at the end of the discussion to network with your peers and/or speak directly with experts in financing, solar consulting, energy efficiency, and community engagement and resiliency.
Speakers to include:
- Geoff Bristow, Office of Pollution Prevention & Energy Assistance Manager, DEP
- Mario Leone, Borough Manager, Monaca Borough
- Patricia DeMarco PhD, Council Member, Forest Hills Council
- Zaheen Hussain, Millvale Director of Sustainability/Triboro Ecodistrict, New Sun Rising
- Alanna Colvin, Technical Advisor for Energy and Environment, Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program
- Greg Winks and Will Brown, Solbridge Energy Advisors
- Annie Regan, Clean Energy Pittsburgh Program Manager, PennFuture
Sponsored by League of Women Voters and Re-Imagine Butler County
Jim Price, Sustainable Community Manager, Sustainable Pittsburgh
This event is free. Snacks and beverages will be provided.