- This event has passed.
Sustainable Pittsburgh event: Getting Started with Supply Chain Sustainability. REGISTER TODAY!
February 21 @ 6:30 am - 11:00 am EST
Supply chain management is one of the most impactful opportunities for business sustainability – from reducing expenses to ensuring needed raw materials, fair labor practices, and supplier diversity. What are opportunities and best practices for incorporating sustainability into supply chain decisions and processes?
Join UPMC and Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability to explore sustainable supply chain basics, how your business can get started, and how it stands to benefit.
What You Will Learn:
- How does incorporating environmental, social equity, and governance considerations into the supply chain benefit your bottom line?
- What is purchasing vs. supply chain?
- What are advantages of working with local suppliers that might include veteran-, women- and minority-owned businesses?
- How can supply chain management help you mitigate risks like security breaches, gaps in product supply, labor and other reputational disruptions, and distribution challenges?
- Valarie Cofield, Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council
- Patrick Flaherty, UPMC
- Benson Gabler, Pittsburgh Living Product Hub at International Living Future Institute
- Tim Nedley, UPMC
- Richard Price, Pittsburgh Region Clean Cities
- Toni Silva, UPMC
- Justin Stockdale, Pennsylvania Resources Council
- Sara Walfoort, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- Bart Wyss, UPMC
Plus: Featured Panel Discussion Moderated by Doris Carson Williams, African American Chamber of Commerce of Western Pennsylvania
Who Should Attend:
- Executives in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Fleet Management, Waste Management, O&M
- Leaders in Strategy, Business Development, and Marketing
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Professionals
Program runs from 8:00 am until Noon. Breakfast and registration begin at 7:30 am.