Governor Wolf Announces $118 Million Volkswagen Settlement to Fund New Air Pollution Reduction Program
“Eight grant and rebate programs will be available over the next five years, with as much as $39 million available for disbursement in year one. Programs will be rolled out throughout 2018.
“The Driving PA Forward grant and rebate programs include:
- Clean Diesel Grants: Competitive grants for diesel emission reduction projects, including but not limited to exhaust controls, engine upgrades, and engine and vehicle replacement. Eligible vehicles, engines, and equipment under this program include many of those eligible under other programs listed here, but also include those used in construction, agriculture, mining and other industries. Applications for these grants will be available this month.
- Electric Vehicle Fast Charging or Hydrogen Fuel Cell Equipment Grants: Competitive grants for the acquisition, installation, operation, and maintenance of electric vehicle (EV) fast charging equipment and hydrogen fuel cell vehicle supply equipment. Grant applications will be accepted beginning later this summer.
- Level 2 Light-Duty Vehicle Charging Equipment Rebates: Rebates for Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging equipment for both public and non-public use to charge electric vehicles. Rebates will be available beginning later this summer.
- Heavy-Duty Truck and Transit Bus Grants: Competitive grants for Class 8 trucks and transit buses. Model year 1992-2009 or older vehicles will be eligible for replacement or repowering with new diesel, electric, or alternative fuel engines. Grant applications will be accepted starting later this summer.
- Medium-Duty Truck, School and Shuttle Bus, Port Drayage Truck Rebates: Rebates for class 4-7 trucks and port drayage trucks model year 1992-2009 and for school and shuttle buses older than model year 2009. Rebates will be available beginning later this summer.
- Shore Power Systems for Ocean-Going Vessel Grants: Competitive grants for upgrades to ports to enable compatible ocean-going vessels to plug in and rely on electric power while in port, rather than running diesel engines. Grant applications will be accepted beginning later this year.
- Forklift, Airport Ground Support Equipment, and Port Cargo Handling Equipment Grants: Competitive grants to repower or replace vehicles used in transit and transportation to fully electric models to reduce air pollution at ports, airports, and factories. Grant applications will be accepted beginning later this year.
- Ferry, Tugboat, and Freight Switcher Grants: Competitive grants to repower or replace eligible ferries, tugboats, and freight switcher locomotives. Grant applications will be accepted beginning later this year.”
FULL STORY published May 10, 2018 via Office of PA Governor Tom Wolf