- This event has passed.
How to be a Muslim Ally: presentation by the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh
March 30, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
The Islamic Center of Pittsburgh welcomes you to become a Muslim Ally
Join 350Pittsburgh / Unite100 in sharing an evening with our Muslim neighbors and learn about their culture and community and how to support them in these difficult times.
Through this presentation you will gain knowledge about how to interact with Muslims in America to not only ensure comfortability but to also portray solidarity.
- Learn about Muslim cultural norms
- Learn about the religious practices that make up a Muslim’s lifestyle
- Alleviate misconceptions about Muslim culture and lifestyle
- Learn how to practice solidarity with Muslims within the Greater Pittsburgh area
- And, since we are 350 Pittsburgh, we couldn’t resist asking for just a few words on ICP’s Go Green plan !
We encourage everyone to transform open dialogue into action.
Free Admission, open to all. Doors open at 6:30. More details found on registration page.