- This event has passed.
PGH Green Workplace Challenge Workshop #3 Social Equity & Sustainability
9-29-2016 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
This year, the GWC introduced a new action category: Social Equity. This workshop will explore the relationship between environmental responsibility and social equity, diversity and inclusion.
Participants will explore strategies to create an inclusive workplace, increase retention among minority employees, and integrate diversity and inclusion into your organization’s culture. The program will begin with an introduction to the tools Sustainable Pittsburgh used to create GWC’s new Equity actions, including the Global Diversity & Inclusion Benchmarks and the International Living Future Institute’s JUST label. Participants will learn about the Immigrant Community Blueprint, a tool to help immigrants thrive in Allegheny County, as well as the diversity and inclusion initiatives at Robert Morris University. The program also includes presentations from community leaders who are creating inclusive spaces outside the workplace.
- Daniel Klein, Communication Designer, evolveEA
- Courtney Lefebvre, Project Associate, Change Agency, Immigrant Community Blueprint
- James Myers, Jr., Director of Community Affairs and Business Development, Urban Innovation21
- Yasmin Purohit, PhD, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Robert Morris University
- Anthony Robins, PhD, Director of Operations and Research, Uzuri Think Tank*
- William Thompkins, Executive Director, The Pittsburgh Project
*Uzuri Think Tank is a research center seeking to understand black male educational success. Its name is taken from the Swahili word for “brilliance”