- This event has passed.
Re:NEW Festival – now thru 10/9
9-9-2016 @ 8:00 am - 10-9-2016 @ 10:00 pm
We are entering the homestretch of the inaugural Re:NEW Festival, a month-long celebration of creative reuse, transformation, and sustainability.
The final week of upcycled art is underway and exhibited in a multitude of ways with a last chance to participate in the unique exhibitions, talks, events, tours, and workshops during this month-long festival.
• Fashion Extravaganza: Friday, October 7, 7pm, PPG Wintergarden
A colorful design showcase with fashions by fiber artists, designers, and CAPA high school students – prizes will be awarded, live jazz music.
• Food Mandala in Market Square: Saturday, October 8
Beginning at 10am, German artist Stephanie Senge will create a visually dynamic installation of consumer foods and packaged goods in the center of a lively farmers and artisan market.
• Assemble: Sewable Circuits free workshop, Saturday, October 8, 12:30 and 2:30pm, 623 Smithfield Street Light up the work with your sewing skills! Use LEDS, conductive threads, and recycled materials. Classes are limited, Pre-registration encouraged.
• Magic Show: Recycling is Magic. Saturday, October 8, 1:30 – 2:30pm, 623 Smithfield Street
Pennsylvania Resources Council will wow audiences with a magic show on recycling.
• Artisan and Farmers Market: Saturday, October 8, 10am – 4pm, Market Square
• Drap-Art Closing Reception: Saturday, October 8, 4 – 6pm, PPG Wintergarden
Join visiting international artists and the founder/curator of this international art show for this free closing reception.
• Walking Art Tour of the Hill District: Sunday, October 9, 2pm, Hill House
Close the Festival with a walking tour of art in the Hill District, focused on public art and how this is transforming public spaces in this transitioning community.