- This event has passed.
Sustainable Pittsburgh Presents – Responsible Waste Management Workshop
9-12-2018 @ 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
Date: Wednesday, September 12
7:30 am – Breakfast and registration
8:00 am – Program begins
11:30 am – Optional Tour
Location: PNC Park Press Conference Room
**This workshop has reached capacity! Registration is now closed. Please stay tuned for follow up information!**
Are you responsible for managing your organization’s or community’s waste management program? Struggling to keep up with what can be recycled? Frustrated by low diversion rates and limited reporting by your waste hauler?”
Join Sustainable Pittsburgh for this morning workshop that pulls back the curtain on waste and recycling options for businesses, organizations, and municipalities located in southwestern PA.
Local waste management experts and sustainability pros will share updates on recycling and waste management markets, along with best practices for establishing a program, forming a waste hauler contract, getting employees and community citizens on board, and more. Stick around to see responsible waste management in action during an optional tour of PNC Park and the Pittsburgh Pirates’ cleaning operations immediately following the workshop.
Attendees will gain free access to the new Material and Waste Management Resource Guide for Southwestern PA, a project of Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability network.
- Pam Adams, Centre Region Council of Governments
- Phyllis Barber, Highmark
- Sissy Burkhart, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Debbie DeLong, Ph.D., Chatham University
- Erika Deyarmin-Young, Waste Management
- Marcie Eberhart, American Eagle Outfitters
- Kathy Hrabovsky, Allegheny County
- Gina Johnson, Sustainable Pittsburgh
- Rebecca Kiernan, City of Pittsburgh
- Abby Lawler-Morycz, Allegheny County
- Kim Olivito, FedEx Ground
- Jim Price, Sustainable Pittsburgh
- Allison Robinson, Ph.D., UPMC
- Justin Stockdale, Pennsylvania Resources Council
Who should attend:
– Professionals in sustainability, operations, and facilities management from business, nonprofits, universities and other institutions
– Managers, staff, and elected officials from local governments
– Citizens advocating for responsible waste management programs in their schools and communities
Presented by Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability in collaboration with Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Sustainable Community Development Network.
Thank you, sponsors: