- This event has passed.
THRIVE: Sustainable Economy Summit
4-21-2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Sustainable Economy Summit will inform participants about types of renewable energy, energy efficiency and other aspects of the sustainable economy, and help communities start to plan and implement sustainable development.
- Dr. Terrence Collins – Green Chemistry- the transformation to healthy manufacturing
- Allison Rohrs, Michael Sell – PA Wind Maps, St. Francis Institute for Energy
- Hannah Smith-Brubaker Executive Director PA Assn. of Sustainable Agriculture (former PA Deputy Secretary of Agriculture)
- Panel on Eco-Tourism
- Joe Pizarchik, recent Director of the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement for the U.S. Dept. of the Interior.
- Dr. Patricia DeMarco, author of Pathways to a Sustainable Future
- Mario Leone Jr. Borough Manager of Monaca’s award-winning planning, getting grants, and implementation of sustainable projects – saving the borough money!
- and more…
Sponsored by League of Women Voters of PA in collaboration with League of Women Voters of Indiana County, Center for Community Growth, Evergreen Conservancy, IUP Sustainability Studies Program, Indiana County Office of Planning & Development
**Doors open at 8:30 am
Cost: $10 (includes lunch)
Open to the public. No charge for students.