The Heinz Endowments’ Youth Philanthropy Summer interns have released four requests for proposals (RFPs) for grants totaling $100,000:
- Cooking Up Community – Focusing on food literacy, nutrition education and cooking skills for youth in distressed neighborhoods
- Filling a Seat at the Table – Providing a space for underserved youth of color, focusing on educational, reproductive and juvenile justice
- Music, Education and Pittsburgh – Promoting youth music education, enabling youth to both work together and perform
- VOICE: Vehicle for Outreach in Civic Education – Developing a robust civic education program for youth in underserved communities
Interested organizations are invited to meet the Endowments’ summer interns and to discuss their funding opportunities at the following information fairs:
- Friday, July 14, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Hill District, 2177 Centre Ave., Pittsburgh, Pa., 15219
- Friday, July 14, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Hazelwood, 5006 Second Ave., Pittsburgh, Pa., 15207
- Monday, July 17, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh Homewood, 7101 Hamilton Ave., Pittsburgh, Pa., 15208
- Monday, July 17, from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, 10 Children’s Way, Suite 21, Pittsburgh, Pa., 15212
For more information about the Endowments’ Summer Youth Philanthropy Internship Program, please visit our website: www.heinz.org/youthphilanthropy.
All applications are due Friday, July 28, 2017, by 5 p.m.