The new Pennsylvania Solar Center is proud to launch as a project of the New Sun Rising! Thanks to West Penn Power Sustainable Energy Fund’s grant support, the PA Solar Center’s first effort is to assist non-profit organizations to go solar with its innovative G.E.T. Solar initiative – Galvanizing Energy Transition. The PA Solar Center is seeking non-profit organizations in western Pennsylvania to respond to its RFP, which makes the process of going solar straightforward and simple by providing:
- A solar feasibility study by Dr. Jeffrey Brownson’s Penn State engineering solar analysis class
- Assistance in selecting a qualified solar contractor
- Detailed financial saving projections and connection to our investment partner Sunvestment who can provide financing, including options that require minimal or no-money down by the non-profit
Find the RFP HERE. Nonprofit organizations have until January 11 to complete the very simple application process.
More about the Pennsylvania Solar Center
The mission of the PA Solar Center is to extend the benefits of solar to as many people as possible in the Commonwealth and to grow Pennsylvania’s solar workforce. We do this by providing technical assistance, resources and information through:
- Guiding non-profits and businesses through the solar procurement process and connecting them to trusted financing partners and qualified solar contractors
- Providing online resources for all Pennsylvanians including our qualified solar contractor directory, solar project map, solar jobs board, and other solar resources for residents, businesses, municipalities and non-profits [website with these resources is in development]
- Serving as a clearinghouse, connecting people to the many solar initiatives that are happening throughout the state
- Educating and promoting robust solar policies by mobilizing solar service companies, non-profit and corporate solar owners, and advocates to engage with policymakers.