Restaurant Recruitment Promo Kit
Recruitment promo kit Components:
- Overview/Talking Points
- Downloadable Graphics
- Sample Social Media Posts
- Draft Blurb for Email or Newsletter
- The nonprofit Sustainable Pittsburgh offers four recognition programs, which provide tools, resources, and a step by step process to track and measure sustainability progress.
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant (for brick & mortar establishments with a kitchen)
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Shop (for small retail/“mom and pop” businesses)
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Workplace (for businesses, nonprofits, and other institutions of multiple sectors and sizes)
- Sustainable Pennsylvania (for municipalities in Pennsylvania)
- This promo kit focuses on the Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant program.
- Visit https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/restaurants/ for additional information and program-specific FAQs.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- As restaurants engage with the program through an online platform, they will answer a series of questions based on their sustainable actions, each assigned a point value.
- Questions cover a variety of topics related to sustainability including energy, waste, water, sourcing methods, employment practices, and engagement in the community.
- Sustainable Pittsburgh offers Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum designation levels.
- Participation fees are waived for 2022, and designation lasts for three years.
- The Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant program is open to businesses located in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties
- Earning designation as a Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant opens new marketing opportunities, attracts more satisfied customers and employees, and helps strengthen the bottom line.
- Designated Restaurants receive physical and digital promo kits that include: window clings, designation certificate, press release template, and digital assets for menus, website, and social media channels.
- All designated Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurants are featured in this searchable map to help people locate, patronize, and support these businesses.
- Earning designation enables businesses to access opportunities such as grants, rebates, events, promotions, and sustainable solutions.
- Join a community of like-minded people with access to resources and tools to help advance sustainability performance.
GRAPHIC FOR SHARING ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ON WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
More than ever, today’s restaurant-goers care about supporting businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible, care about their communities, and treat their employees well. Make your restaurant’s values known by joining more than 100 establishments that have earned @SustainablePittsburgh designation.
Own or manage a restaurant? Are you passionate about nutrition, reducing waste, sourcing local foods, conserving water and energy, and caring for employees and your community? Join the nearly 150 establishments that have earned @SustainablePittsburgh Restaurant designation. Learn more and create an account today! https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/restaurants/ #EatSustainably
Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Social Media Handles
Be Recognized. Earn Sustainable Designation for Your Restaurant.
Today’s restaurant-goers care about supporting businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible, care about their communities, and treat their employees well. Make your establishment’s values known by joining the nearly 150 businesses that have earned designation as a Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant.
Earning designation opens new marketing opportunities, attracts more satisfied customers and employees, and helps strengthen the bottom line. With no cost to participate in 2022, a designated Restaurant will:
- Receive a promo kit that includes: window clings, designation certificate, press release template, and digital assets for menus, website, and social media channels;
- Be featured in this searchable map to help people locate, patronize, and support sustainable restaurants;
- Gain access to opportunities such as grants and rebates;
- Join a community of like-minded individuals with access to resources and tools to help advance sustainability performance.
Managed by the nonprofit Sustainable Pittsburgh, the Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant program was recently updated and enhanced to help restaurants in southwestern Pennsylvania earn recognition for their sustainability achievements. Covering topics ranging from waste and energy to community engagement and employment practices, the programs offer an online self-assessment from which restaurants can set a baseline and identify goals for the future. Designations last for three years.
Demonstrate your business’s commitment to build vibrant communities and support environmentally responsible practices. Learn more and start an account at SustainablePittsburgh.org/recognition-programs.