Recruitment promo kit Components:
- Overview/Talking Points
- Downloadable Graphics
- Sample Social Media Posts
- Draft Blurb for Email or Newsletter
- Sustainable Pittsburgh has launched its first ever sprint competition! Sprints are 3 to 6 month online competitions that enable organizations to earn points for actions that advance social equity, carbon-emissions reduction, or another critical topic.
- The theme of this first sprint is social equity. Social equity takes place in the workplace when everyone has the opportunity to engage, prosper, and reach their full potential. During the sprint, competitors take actions in areas covering operations, hiring and promotions, accessibility, procurement, and more.
- The Social Equity Sprint runs from November 2022 through February 2023.
- The sprints are open to businesses, shops and restaurants, nonprofits, hospitals, universities, municipalities and other entities at any stage in their sustainability advancement.
- Participating organizations compete against peers and questions are tailored to the competitor’s sector.
- More information available at https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/sprints
HOW THE SPRINT WORKS
- If you do not have an account with Sustainable Pittsburgh, you will need to create one. Local municipal governments (not including county government) should use this link. All others, please use this link.
- As organizations engage with the sprint through the online platform, they will answer a series of questions around social equity actions, each assigned a point value.
- Questions are tailored for the type of organization competing. For example:
- A business may be asked, “To what extent has your organization assessed its HR practices (e.g., hiring, pay, benefits, advancement) for bias? Select all that apply.”
- A restaurant may be asked, “Does your business track its spend with diverse suppliers (i.e., businesses that are majority owned or controlled by women, LGBTQ+, under-represented race or ethnic groups, or immigrants)?
- A shop may earn points if the business sells products of which at least 25% are made in local markets
- A shop or restaurant may be asked, is your business ADA accessible?
- Competitors will track performance through regularly updated Sprint leaderboards available on the Sustainable Pittsburgh website.
- Sustainable Pittsburgh will host an awards ceremony and celebration in 2023 to recognize the top scorers.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THE SOCIAL EQUITY SPRINT
Businesses in the top twenty five percent for racial and ethnic diversity are 35% more likely to have bottom lines that outperform their peers.
Overall, organizations with demonstrated diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies foster innovation, gain an edge for top talent, and see a correlation to stronger financial benefits.
Features of the Social Equity Sprint:
- Training opportunities
- Marketing and recognition
- Awards ceremony and gala in 2023
- Support and guidance from the Sustainable Pittsburgh team
- Leaderboard updates at SustainablePittsburgh.org, showing who’s topping the charts!
- Leverage points earned in the Sprint toward a higher designation level in one of Sustainable Pittsburgh’s recognition programs: Shop, Restaurant, Workplace and Sustainable Pennsylvania.
Benefits of Workplace Diversity
- Fosters innovation
- Is an edge for top talent
- Correlates with higher returns and earnings
Benefits of Supplier Diversity
- Promotes innovation
- Drives competition and cost reduction
- Brings exposure to new markets
Join a community of like-minded people and gain access to resources and tools to help advance sustainability performance.
GRAPHIC FOR SHARING ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ON WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
Workplaces: Compete against peers and earn points and recognition for advancing social equity — where everyone has an opportunity to engage and reach their full potential. Every action adds up. Learn how your organization can make a difference. https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/sprints/
Join a community of like-minded people and gain access to resources and tools to help advance your workplace’s social equity performance. Learn more and sign your organization up for the Social Equity Sprint! https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/sprints/
Businesses and organizations with demonstrated #DEI strategies foster innovation, gain an edge for top talent, and see a correlation to stronger financial benefits. Sprint Ahead of your competitors. Learn more and sign up today. https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/sprints/
Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Social Media Handles
SPRINT OVERVIEW (FOR NEWSLETTERS AND WEBSITES)
Do Good. Do Better.
Businesses in the top twenty five percent for racial and ethnic diversity are 35% more likely to have bottom lines that outperform their peers. Overall, organizations with demonstrated diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies foster innovation, gain an edge for top talent, and see a correlation to stronger financial benefits.
Sprint ahead of the competition by participating in the 2022 Social Equity Sprint, a fun, free, and friendly 3-month competition for businesses and organizations to advance social equity. Social equity takes place in the workplace when everyone has the opportunity to engage, prosper, and reach their full potential. During the Sprint, competitors take actions and earn points in areas covering operations, hiring and promotions, accessibility, procurement, and more. Participating organizations compete against peers within their sectors. Take action, earn points, and gain recognition. The competition ends February 2023. Learn more and sign up today! SustainablePittsburgh.org/sprints