Final days to register! Getting Started with Supply Chain Sustainability
Wednesday, Feb. 21
8:00 am – Noon (Breakfast & Registration at 7:30 am)
Cumberland Woods Village Conference Center
Contact Sustainable Pittsburgh with questions.
Do you purchase supplies for the office (e.g. paper? coffee pods? cleaning products)? Are you involved in contracting for services, commodities, or acquiring equipment, be it electronics, furniture, or vehicles? Would you like to positively influence these company purchases?
Join UPMC and Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability for a workshop on getting started with supply chain sustainability. Get the basics, learn how to get started, and see how your organization stands to benefit.
Supply chain management is one of the most impactful opportunities for business sustainability – from reducing expenses to ensuring needed raw materials, fair labor practices, and supplier diversity.
What You Will Learn:
- How does incorporating environmental, social equity, and governance considerations into the supply chain benefit your bottom line?
- What is purchasing vs. supply chain?
- What are advantages of working with local suppliers that might include veteran-, women-, and minority-owned businesses?
- How can supply chain management help you mitigate risks like security breaches, gaps in product supply, labor and other reputational disruptions, and distribution challenges?
- Valarie Cofield, Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council
- Patrick Flaherty, UPMC
- Benson Gabler, Pittsburgh Living Product Hub at International Living Future Institute
- Tim Nedley, UPMC
- Richard Price, Pittsburgh Region Clean Cities
- Toni Silva, UPMC
- Justin Stockdale, Pennsylvania Resources Council
- Sara Walfoort, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- Bart Wyss, UPMC
Plus: Featured Panel Discussion Moderated by Doris Carson Williams, African American Chamber of Commerce of Western Pennsylvania
Who Should Attend:
- Leaders in Strategy, Business Development, and Marketing
- Executives in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Fleet Management, Waste Management, O&M
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Professionals
Register today at Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability website: C4SPgh.org