Diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces and communities are crucial for achieving a sustainable region where all people can access the opportunities and resources they need to thrive. Workplaces that promote social equity through their operations and practices can better attract and retain top talent and foster innovation than their peers.
Join Sustainable Pittsburgh, Vibrant Pittsburgh, and CEOs for Sustainability on Thursday, February 16 for this free virtual event: Advancing Social Equity in your Workplace. Attendees will learn about the state of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) in southwestern PA and opportunities to advance DE&I through their operations and practices with hands-on resources including Vibrant Pittsburgh’s Vibrant Index 4.0; the Sustainable Pittsburgh Social Equity Sprint; and Sustainable Pittsburgh’s designation programs for workplaces, restaurants, shops, and municipalities. They will also hear from a panel of local leaders who will share their experiences and participate in a moderated discussion. Gain practical advice, working knowledge, and tools for measuring and being recognized for progress at this special event.
- Sarah SanGiovanni, Program Manager, Sustainable Pittsburgh
- Sabrina Saunders Mosby, President and Chief Executive Officer, Vibrant Pittsburgh
- Derrick Shoffner, Sr. Director of Programs & Services, Vibrant Pittsburgh
- Moderator: Joylette Portlock, Ph.D., Executive Director, Sustainable Pittsburgh
- Sara Khalil, Director of Operations, Bike Share Pittsburgh
- Shelley C. Scherer, Ph.D., Associate Executive Director, The Pittsburgh Promise