Sustainable Pittsburgh revealed the top scorers of the 2016-2017 Pittsburgh Green Workplace Challenge (GWC) during an evening celebration at the Senator John Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh’s Strip District. A yearlong, friendly competition, the GWC enables businesses, nonprofits, municipalities, and universities to track and measure improvements in energy, water, waste, and transportation. More than 90 employers from throughout southwestern Pennsylvania completed the competition, twice the number from the previous GWC.
Congratulations to the Top Scorers!
- Micro Business Division Winner: Rolling Pepperoni
- Small Business Division Winner: AE Works
- Medium Business Division Winner: WESCO
- Large Business Division Winner: Highmark
- Micro Nonprofit Division Winner: Millvale Community Library
- Small Nonprofit Division Winner: CCI
- Medium Nonprofit Division Winner: ALCOSAN
- Division Winner: University of Pittsburgh
- Small Municipality Division Winner: Township of Upper St. Clair
- Large Municipality Division Winner: Allegheny County
- Division Winner: Central Catholic High School
- Top-Scoring Building Team: Ann Jones Gerace Building
- Top-Scoring Neighborhood Team: South Side
Top Saver Awards
- Top Energy Saver: Millvale Community Library
- Top Water Saver: Highmark
- Top Legacy Energy Saver: Green Building Alliance
- Top Legacy Water Saver: Allegheny County
View the official press release announcing the results.