INFORMATION AND NETWORKING SESSION: Sustainable Solutions in Wet Weather
Wednesday, July 26
8:00 am to 10:30 am
Hollywood Theater, Dormont
You are invited to an Information and Networking Session on innovative wet weather solutions presented by Sustainable Pittsburgh through its Sustainable Community Development Network (SCDN) on Wednesday, July 26 from 8:00 am to 10:30 am in Dormont, PA. An optional tour of Dormont’s Potomac Avenue streetscaping and green infrastructure project will take place immediately following the session.
The program will bring together experts from a wide range of organizations covering numerous wet weather topics, including:
- Beth Dutton, Three Rivers Wet Weather – Tools of the Trade – Technical Resources to Help Municipalities
- Panel Discussion: Planning, Partnerships, Watersheds, and the Triple Bottom Line – A Sustainable Approach to Wet Weather Management
- Lisa Werder Brown, Economic Development South
- Michael Hiller, Nile Mile Run Watershed Association
- James Stitt, Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
- Jennifer Taylor, Dormont Stormwater Authority – The Creation of a Municipal Stormwater Fee and Authority
- Lisa Kunst Vavro, Penn State Center – National green infrastructure certification for public works employees, landscape professionals, engineers, etc.
Attendees will have the opportunity to network with regional professionals and experts experiencing many of the same wet weather challenges confronting your community. Approaching wet weather planning with an eye towards sustainable solutions will allow you to approach those challenges with multiple objectives in mind and create a more beautiful and resilient community in the process.
The SCDN is open to any municipal personnel (elected officials, managers, sustainability coordinators, economic development professionals, etc.) from a municipality that is a participant in the Sustainable Pennsylvania Community Certification or any personnel from local community development organizations committed to working on sustainability issues.