Register Now: 2019-2020 Newly Elected Officials Course
Local Government Academy’s acclaimed Newly Elected Officials Course (NEOC) will once again provide three month-long training opportunities for elected officials new to their positions in November. A comprehensive program that gives elected officials a head start in all aspects of governing, participants will engage with leaders at the local, county, and state level, as well as academic professors and credentialed instructors from both the public and private sectors.
Preregistration is now open.
2019-2020 NEOC Schedule
- November 16, 2019: Opening Day [Hilton DoubleTree Hotel, Green Tree]
- December 7, 2019: Powers, Duties, Budget & Finance [CCAC North Campus, McCandless]
- January 11, 2020: Public Sector HR & Emergency Management [Allegheny County Emergency Operations Center, Coraopolis]
- January 18, 2020: Infrastructure & Public Works [Cranberry Township Public Safety Training Center, Cranberry Township]
- February 8, 2020: Planning & Intergovernmental Cooperation [CCAC North Campus, McCandless]
- February 15, 2020: Communication & Ethics [Robert Morris University Conference Center, Moon Township]
- March 4, 2020: Graduation [Hilton DoubleTree Hotel, Green Tree]