From food systems to workplace sustainability, corporate investments to engineering sustainability, Sustainable Pittsburgh presents a strong slate of events covering sustainability topics over the next few months.
This past Wednesday, the Sustainable Community Development Network, a professional group facilitated by Sustainable Pittsburgh, hosted a Sustainable Solutions in Wet Weather program for municipal personnel, elected officials, and community development organizers. Check out the brief recap on key takeaways.
– Sept. 12-14 Living Product Expo (Early bird registration ends 8/1)
– Sept. 14 Sustainability: A Winning Playbook for Workplaces and the Region, featuring keynote by Bob Nutting of the Pittsburgh Pirates, Announcement of the Top Scorers in the Green Workplace Challenge, and key takeaways on incorporating sustainability in the workplace
– Oct. 3 EcoDistricts Foundation Course
– Oct. 25 CEOs for Sustainability Speaker Series, featuring a keynote by integrated reporting consultant and BrownFlynn Senior Advisor Mike Krzus who will describe global drivers of change in business valuation, including demographic and technological trends, the potential impact on companies and the executives who lead them, and how those trends may change the information needs of investors.
– Nov. 16 9th Annual Sustainability Conference: Engineering a Sustainable Economy – Innovating Solutions for the 21st Century