Tuesday, May 5
8:30 am – 3:30 pm (8:00 am registration)
Home of Mayor John Fetterman, Former Superior Motors Site, 1215 Braddock Avenue, Braddock, 15104
More information and registration
Contact: Jonathan Shimko at email@example.com
– Erin Molchany, Southwest Director, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf
– John Fetterman, Mayor, Braddock, PA
– Corey O’Connor, Member of Council, District 5, City of Pittsburgh
– Amy McCrae-Kessler, Executive VP, Head of Environmental & Regulatory Affairs, Founder, Turning Earth, LLC
– Natasha Ozybko, Northeast Sales Representative, Forta Corp
– Cheryl Moon-Sirianni, P.E., Assistant District Engineer, Design, PennDOT
– Peter Walker, Dean, Falk School of Sustainability, Chatham University
Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Champions for Sustainability (C4S) once again joins the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Pittsburgh Section and the Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) Pittsburgh Chapter for a full-day event that looks at the connections of creative innovation and practical solutions to help our communities become more sustainable.
The event offers a range of policy-oriented and technical presentations for sustainable community solutions. Presenters will cover such topics as transforming a culture of abandonment into a platform for entrepreneurial activity, reinvestments that build community and meet core needs, and access to transit. Sessions will focus on several cutting edge technologies, such as green solutions for managing stormwater, and opportunities for biogas to manage waste and provide power.
The event takes place in the heart of a community investment project, the now-home of Braddock Mayor John Fetterman, located above Superior Motors: Community Restaurant & Farm, a project in progress by famed restauranteur Kevin Sousa.