Eyes were on Pittsburgh this past week after President Trump claimed he “was elected to represent Pittsburgh, not Paris.” Spoken during the speech where Trump announced he is withdrawing the United States from the Paris Agreement, the statement drew journalists to Pittsburgh from around the globe to confirm his mischaracterization of Pittsburgh.
Among the many published stories, a stand out is the joint letter written by Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto and Paris Mayor Ann Hidalgo that appeared in yesterday’s New York Times: The Mayors of Pittsburgh and Paris: We Have Our Own Climate Deal.
Sustainable Pittsburgh participated in several news interviews; below are links to the stories.
– ClimateWire: Who needs Paris when you have Pittsburgh?
– The Guardian: ‘Outmoded, irrelevant vision’: Pittsburghers reject Trump’s pledge
– CNN: Pittsburgh residents don’t want their city ‘smoky’ again
– WTAE: Pittsburgh businesses build green path for the city’s future
– 100 Days of Appalachia: Pittsburgh — ‘the Paris of Appalachia’ — bucks Trump on climate change