Shop/Restaurant Recruitment Promo kit
- Overview/Talking Points
- Downloadable Graphics
- Sample Social Media Posts
- Draft Blurb for Email or Newsletter
- The nonprofit Sustainable Pittsburgh offers four sustainability recognition programs, which provide tools, resources, and a step by step process to track and measure sustainability progress.
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant (for brick & mortar establishments with a kitchen)
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Shop (for small retail/“mom and pop” businesses)
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Workplace (for businesses, nonprofits, and other institutions of multiple sectors and sizes)
- Sustainable Pennsylvania (for municipalities in Pennsylvania)
- This promo kit focuses on the Shop and Restaurant programs.
- Visit https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/recognition-programs/ for additional information and program-specific FAQs.
HOW THE PROGRAMS WORK
- As organizations engage with the programs through an online platform, they will answer a series of questions based on their sustainable actions, each assigned a point value.
- Questions cover a variety of topics related to sustainability including energy, waste, water, sourcing methods, employment practices, and engagement in the community.
- Sustainable Pittsburgh offers Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum designation levels.
- Participation fees are waived for 2022
- The Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant and Shop programs focus on businesses located in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties
- Earning designation as a Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant or Shop opens new marketing opportunities, attracts more satisfied customers and employees, and helps strengthen the bottom line.
- Designated Shops and Restaurants receive physical and digital promo kits that include: window clings, designation certificate, press release template, and digital assets for menus, website, and social media channels.
- All designated Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurants AND Shops are featured in this searchable map to help people locate, patronize, and support these businesses.
- Earning designation enables businesses to access opportunities such as grants, rebates, events, promotions, and sustainable solutions.
- Join a community of like-minded people with access to resources and tools to help advance sustainability performance.
GRAPHIC FOR SHARING ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ON WEBSITES
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
Own or manage a shop or restaurant in [insert either: Southwestern Pennsylvania or the City of Pittsburgh]? Have your business recognized for its commitment to the community and the environment. Earn designation as a @Sustainable Pittsburgh Shop or Restaurant! Learn more at https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/recognition-programs/
Today’s consumers care about supporting businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible, care about their communities, and treat their employees well. Make your business’s values known by joining the 250+ shops & restaurants that have earned sustainable designation. https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/recognition-programs/
Shortened version for Twitter:
Today’s consumers care about supporting businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible. Make your business’s values known by joining the 250+ shops & restaurants that have earned sustainable designation.https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/recognition-programs/
Specific for Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant program:
Own or manage a restaurant? Are you passionate about nutrition, reducing waste, sourcing local foods, conserving water and energy, and caring for employees and your community? Join the nearly 150 establishments that have earned @SustainablePittsburgh Restaurant designation. Learn more and create an account today! https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/restaurants/ #EatSustainably
Specific for Sustainable Pittsburgh Shop program:
Demonstrate your business’s commitment to building vibrant communities and supporting environmentally responsible practices. Earn recognition as a @SustainablePittsburgh Shop!Learn more at https://sustainablepittsburgh.org/shops/ #ShopSustainably
Sustainable Pittsburgh’s Social Media Handles
Be Recognized. Earn Sustainable Designation for Your Business.
Today’s consumers care about supporting businesses that are socially and environmentally responsible, care about their communities, and treat their employees well. Make your establishment’s values known by joining the 250+ businesses that have earned designation as a Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant or Shop.
Earning designation opens new marketing opportunities, attracts more satisfied customers and employees, and helps strengthen the bottom line. With no cost to participate in 2022, a designated Shop or Restaurant will:
- Receive promo kits that include: window clings, designation certificate, press release template, and digital assets for menus, website, and social media channels;
- Be featured in this searchable map to help people locate, patronize, and support sustainable businesses;
- Gain access to opportunities such as grants and rebates;
- Join a community of like-minded individuals with access to resources and tools to help advance sustainability performance.
Managed by the nonprofit Sustainable Pittsburgh, these two programs were recently updated and enhanced to help shops and restaurants in southwestern Pennsylvania earn recognition for their sustainability achievements. Covering topics ranging from waste and energy to community engagement and employment practices, the programs offer an online self-assessment from which shops and restaurants can set a baseline and identify goals for the future.
Demonstrate your business’s commitment to build vibrant communities and support environmentally responsible practices. Learn more and start an account at SustainablePittsburgh.org/recognition-programs.