- This event has passed.
PaMAGIC’s Fifth Annual Water Data Workshop
February 5, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm EST
PaMAGIC’s Fifth Annual Water Data Workshop is entitled, “Accelerating Hydrography Modernization for PA.” Building on previous workshops, participants will see key components of the plan for modernization in the morning sessions to set the stage for afternoon breakouts in which they adjust and enhance the plans. This year’s success in getting state investments and USGS 3DEP support for new lidar acquisition makes our task more urgent.
- Our current surface water mapping is over 20 years old and spatially inadequate for modern applications and analysis, and state, local, and federal partners need a single base map.
- A standard process for deriving hydrography from lidar is in beta testing now.
- We have about 15000 sq. mi. of QL2 lidar now, and 15000 sq. mi. in preparation for acquisition.
- DCNR Bureau of Topographic and Geologic Survey will curate hydro and topo together.
- Water Data Initiative to Date
- Technical Developments
- Hydro Extraction Standard and Quality Control
- Streamlined Data Model
- Future Functionality
- Lidar data update/3DEP
- Political/Promotional Considerations
- PA Hydro Steering Team
- Initial Plan
- Critique the Plan
- Enhance the Plan
There is no charge for the workshop. PaMAGIC will provide a working lunch. Technical briefings will start promptly at 10 AM, so plan to arrive by 9:30 and meet your fellow participants. Hosted by PaMAGIC and the SPC Water Resource Center.
RSVP to Eric Jespersen at email@example.com.