As we reflect on our accomplishments this year, we are grateful to the many individuals, funders, businesses, and partners who empower us to advance decision-making that builds a fundamentally equitable, resilient, healthy, and prosperous region. Some highlights from this year include:
- Jobs for the Future (JFF) selected Sustainable Pittsburgh as a Quality Green Jobs Regional Challenge Member. In partnership with Partner4Work, we are one of 20 anchor organizations across the U.S. connecting and strengthening our clean energy workforce ecosystem by deepening understanding of needs, risks, and opportunities at the intersection of climate change and workforce development.
- We unveiled the Decarb Digest at the 2023 CEOs for Sustainability C-Suite Summit which organizes and expands the regional conversation around a comprehensive, equity-driven, long-term, multi-sector decarbonization strategy. It features projects and initiatives that highlight successes, illustrates our progress toward these goals, and is a resource for those looking to do more.
- In December we launched the Carbon Reduction Sprint! A free and friendly six-month competition, it is for businesses, organizations, and municipalities to jumpstart progress on carbon-emissions reduction and earn recognition for their achievements. The competition runs through June 28, 2024. Organizations may join the competition at any time!
- We engaged over 50 organizations in conversations around DISCOVER (Defining Intersectional Sustainability to Collaboratively Optimize for a Vibrant and Equitable Region) to drive community change, build shared narratives, and move decision-makers to action. Working groups developed and refined regional targets using the UN Sustainable Development Goals as a framework.
- We hosted 21 meetings and events with more than 800 participants in 2023.
As you consider your donations this year, we hope you will include Sustainable Pittsburgh and make an easy online donation on our website. Your contribution will mean so much as we work to find solutions that simultaneously advance social equity, environmental stewardship, and economic prosperity.
Help Sustainable Pittsburgh forge a better future. For all.