Bold goals and urgent action. Join the CEOs for Sustainability executive network as they host their annual C-Suite Summit on Wednesday, November 15 at the Energy Innovation Center. This year’s gathering will feature business leaders highlighting their companies’ sustainability progress and actions to address climate risks, support communities, and build the regional energy economy of tomorrow. Networking opportunities and an optional tour are included.
CEOs for Sustainability is the nation’s only executive network providing regional thought leadership on business sustainability. Participating companies represent more than $150 billion in total revenues and 100,000 employees. CEOs for Sustainability recognizes that prosperous businesses are at the foundation of a thriving, equitable region.
The C-Suite Summit is presented by UPMC Health Plan and hosted in partnership with Sustainable Pittsburgh.
Who Should Attend:
- Members of the C-Suite, Senior Executives, Business Owners, and Managers interested in learning how incorporating sustainable business practices contributes to business continuity and a thriving region for all
- Professionals in Strategy, Business Development, and Marketing
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Professionals
8am-9am: Arrival and networking; Refreshments included
9am-11am: Program featuring CEOs for Sustainability executive panelists and speakers
11am-12pm: Optional Tour
2022 CEOs for Sustainability C-Suite Summit
More than ever, meaningful progress on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues depends on collaborative leadership and peer exchange. During this annual gathering, C-Suite executives shared how businesses large and small are leading forward.
Thank you to our presenters:
- Debbie DeLong, Ph.D., Marketing Professor, Chatham University
- Steven Guy, President & CEO, Oxford Development
- Jana Lake, President, 3R Sustainability
- Antonis Papadourakis, Ph.D., President & CEO, LANXESS
- JoAnn Rizzo, Eco Chair, AE Works Ltd.
- Craig Stevenson, President, AUROS Group
- Charles Toran, President, Sci-Tek Consultants
- Raymond Yeager, President & CEO, DMI Companies
- Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing Institute
- Mill 19 rooftop solar array
2021 CEOs for Sustainability C-Suite Summit, Presented by UPMC Health Plan
In this third annual C-Suite Summit, C-Suite executives from private and publicly traded companies shared candid perspectives on achievements at their businesses — achievements that are building on the group’s Leading Forward priorities for a more resilient, equitable economy and advancing strong environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance.
Keynote speaker Lisa Conway, Vice President of Sustainability, Americas at Interface Inc., opened the event, calling on business leaders to join Interface in advancing its Climate Take Back strategy, which aims to help reverse global warming. A global flooring manufacturer, Interface has pursued “Moonshot Goals” to transform into arguably the world’s most sustainable industrial company. A panel of CEOs for Sustainability leaders followed, sharing their commitments to sustainability as a business imperative and foundation for competitive advantage. Featured presenters included the following:
- Mary Beth Jenkins, COO, UPMC Health Plan
- Leroy M. Ball, Jr., President and CEO, Koppers
- Ron C. Keating, President and CEO, Evoqua Water Technologies
- Kurt Lesker IV, President and CEO, Kurt J. Lesker Company
2020 CEOs for Sustainability C-Suite Summit, Presented by UPMC Health Plan
During this November 18th event, CEOs for Sustainability leaders called upon their peers in the Pittsburgh region to take action around three priorities for achieving a sustainable economic recovery: advance racial and ethnic equity, support local businesses and communities, and reduce carbon emissions. Several C-Suite leaders shared how their businesses are responding to challenges and using a sustainability strategy as a competitive advantage. Microsoft’s Vice President of AI Country Strategy and Sustainability Partnership Gretchen O’Hara delivered the keynote speech, sharing practical insights on how Microsoft is addressing society’s most pressing challenges, including plans to be carbon negative by 2030. Additional featured speakers included:
- Diane Holder, President and CEO, UPMC Health Plan
- Haakan Jonsson, Ph.D., Chairman and President, Covestro LLC
- Jana D. Lake, President, 3R Sustainability
- Jodi Rennie, VP and General Manager, Turner Construction
- Sara Thompson, Principal, Pashek + MTR