SCDN Leadership Forum: Attracting Residents & Building Community Resiliency through Cultivating Diversity
DATE: Tuesday, June 26
TIME: 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm (Program begins at 6pm)
LOCATION: City of Duquesne Municipal Building
DETAILS & REGISTRATION
A diverse workforce (age, gender, race, etc.) has been shown to encourage innovation and creativity and is now sought after by employers and jobs seekers alike. A workforce that includes varying socio-economic backgrounds provides the employer with access to broader social networks for talent attraction and other inherent benefits.
Join the Sustainable Community Development Network (SCDN), facilitated by Sustainable Pittsburgh, along with the Local Government Academy (LGA) for an evening Leadership Forum discussing the numerous advantages of fostering a diverse and innovative workforce and how communities can improve economic and community growth through implementing equitable policies. The Forum kicks off with a conversation about how your municipality or organization can lead by example by creating an inclusive workplace.
Speakers will include:
- Melanie Harrington, Executive Director of Vibrant Pittsburgh
- anupama jain, Executive Director, City of Pittsburgh’s Commission on Gender Equity
- Shon K. Worner, Senior Associate, Campbell Durrant Beatty Palombo & Miller, P.C.
- Shad Henderson, Director of Community Partnerships and Investments, Neighborhood Allies
- Laura Poskin, the Director of Age Friendly Pittsburgh, a program of the United Way
- Wasi Mohamed, Executive Director, Islamic Center of Pittsburgh and a steering committee member for Change Agency and the All for All Initiative
Please share with your elected municipal officials and community leaders!