Thursday, January 26
8:30 am – 11:00 am (Registration begins at 8:00 am)
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Changing habits. It’s a common theme this time of year, with many of us making New Year’s resolutions: eat healthier; start exercising. Yet it’s one thing to focus on changing oneself. How do you approach changing an organization?
Join Sustainable Pittsburgh for this January 26 workshop to learn how to transform organizational culture into one that embraces sustainability. Presenters will discuss how individuals are influenced by their work environment and how to successfully manage the change process. Hear from previous and current Green Workplace Challenge (GWC) participants on how they utilized the GWC to introduce new initiatives, maintain engagement among employees throughout the year, and celebrate their achievements. Learn about what worked and what didn’t and how you can apply lessons learned in your workplace.
- Julie Downs, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Social and Decision Sciences, Dietrich College at Carnegie Mellon University
- Kathy Hrabovsky, Sustainability Manager, Allegheny County
- David Lassman, Distinguished Service Professor of Organizational Management, Heinz College at Carnegie Mellon University
- JoAnn Rizzo, ECO-Chair, Associate, AE Works
- Jennifer Stockdale, Local Marketing Specialist, IKEA Pittsburgh