Sustainable Pittsburgh Shop Designation Program
Are you a business owner who cares about sustainability? Studies show that more and more consumers prefer shopping with environmentally and socially-conscious businesses. Sustainable Pittsburgh Shop offers a FREE self-assessment that assists businesses in achieving their sustainability goals. We believe when you implement actions that are good for the environment and neighbors, it is good for your bottom line as well.
Getting involved is easy! Simply complete the online Sustainable Shop assessment and we will get back to you with your results and walk with you as you continue down the path to progress.
*Is your business a restaurant or food service establishment that has a commercial kitchen where you prepare and cook the food you serve? Please follow this link to apply for designation as a Sustainable Pittsburgh Restaurant: sustainablepghrestaurants.org
*Is your business service-based? Please stay tuned for Sustainable Pittsburgh’s new Workplace Designation coming later in 2021.
This program is designed with small retail or “mom-and-pop” small businesses in mind. To derive the maximum benefit from the new Sustainable Pittsburgh Shop program, participating businesses should:
- Have at least one established storefront location in southwestern Pennsylvania or be a purveyor of goods produced in southwestern Pennsylvania
- Have no more than 50 locations nationwide
- Have 0-50 employees at each participating location
- Be an independently owned business
- Derive at least 75% of revenues from offerings not including tobacco, gasoline, and/or pornographic material
- Not sell automatic firearms